REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Poway Pop Warner 2022 Season
The mission of Poway Pop Warner is to enable young people, ages 5-14, novice to experienced, to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a structured environment. Through this active participation, Poway Pop Warner will teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
In addition, Poway Pop Warner seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, Poway Pop Warner seeks to familiarize players and participants with the fundamentals of football and cheerleading. Pop Warner strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness as reflected in the life of the late Glenn Scobie “Pop” Warner.
2022 Registration is now Closed!! Sign ups for 2023 will begin next April.
Please read this page carefully for registration requirements and important details.
- All Players, new and returning, MUST attend one mandatory in person registration (dates and locations listed below) AND bring all completed and signed paperwork (listed below).
- If you are BRAND NEW to Poway Pop Warner, click the “Register” button below and complete the online registration. Please note, you will still need to complete, print and sign the paperwork that will be generated after signing up online.
- If you are a returning player to PPW, then your player is already registered online for the season and you do not need to do anything further online. (If you are not sure if your player is registered online, click on the “Register ” button below and if the registration reflects “Already registered as Player” then your online registration is complete.) Move to Step 4 below.
- Attend the required in-person registration and bring ALL the required paperwork and payment, **see list below (weigh in, sizing, photos and any remaining paperwork will be completed at this time).
To Bring to Registration:
Paperwork required at in person registration (Please complete in full, print and to bring all documentation listed below to avoid delays in registration) Signed, hard copies of the documents are required:
- 2022 Participant Contract and Parental Consent Form
- 2022 Physical Fitness & Medical History Form
- 2022 Parent Code of Conduct
- 2022 Participant Code of Conduct
- Copy of Birth Certificate for Participant
- Cash, Check or Credit Card.
- Information form and checklist (not required)
2022 Registration Fees:
Paid in person at in person registration. Cash, Check or Credit Card.
- Flag Football: $150
- Flag Cheer: $250
- Tackle Football: $425
- Tackle Cheer: $425
- Sibling discount: $25 off per additional sibling
- Up to June 30, 2022: 50% Refund
- After August 1, 2022: No Refund
Payment is due at walk-in registration. Payment plans or limited financial assistance is available. Please contact our Treasurer, Andy Stitzer, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Walk in registration dates:
Must attend one in-person registration
Saturday, June 4, 2022
Updated Location: Sunset Hills Elementary
9291 Oviedo St, San Diego, CA 92129
What happens at in-person registration?
- We will collect hard copies of the forms above.
- Your registration fee includes the physical and we will have a doctor onsite to perform the mandatory sports physical required for your child to participate. You do not need to separately obtain a physical from
your child’s doctor unless you prefer to do so.
- Your child’s picture will be taken and Football players will be able to request their top three numbers for their jersey.
Why do I need to bring hard copies of the documents if I completed online registration?
Online registration only enrolls your child in the system in order to assign them to a team. Hard copies of the registration documents are required to be kept on the field with the team at every game/competition to ensure medical documents and contact information are readily available and can be provided to medical personnel or others quickly in case of an emergency.
If you have any questions regarding Poway Pop Warner Football or Cheer, please contact:
General PPW information and/or Football: President, Jason Gonzales at email@example.com
Cheer Information: Cheer Coordinator, Lisa Sewell at Powaypwcheer@gmail.com
The Football/Cheer season will run from August-December. Team formations will occur after all participants are registered and you will be notified by the Head Coach regarding additional information about your participants team.
Parents are encouraged to volunteer to help your Team! Positions include: Assistant Coach, Team Parent and Business Manager. Let your Head Coach know if you are interested in volunteering!!
We are currently recruiting Head Coaches for Football and Cheer. If you are interested, please contact our Secretary, Christina Brashear at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information! No experience necessary!!!!
Here a few of the many reasons you should join Poway Pop Warner!
NO TRYOUTS! –Poway Pop Warner has no tryouts or cutting of rosters!
More than just athletes! – Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that requires its participants to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting them to play.
Little Scholars Program – Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that rewards its members for their outstanding performance in the classroom.
Stability – Pop Warner is the oldest national youth football and cheerleading organization in the world. Founded in 1929 by Joe Tomlin, Pop Warner now has over 120 leagues and over 325,000 members.
Mandatory Play Requirements – Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play, so every child is guaranteed to play.
It all starts here – The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) estimates that between 60% and 70% of all NFL players began their careers playing Pop Warner Football.
Background Checks – Poway Pop Warner is required to annually conduct a background check of Coaches, Board of Directors members and any other persons, volunteers or hired workers, who provide regular service to the league and/or have repetitive access to, or contact with, players and/or spirit participants. The purpose of these background checks is, first and foremost, to protect the children.
Safety, Safety, Safety! – Kids compete with kids of similar age. Pop Warner is the ONLY youth football program (local, regional and national) that sets and enforces a strict age matrix that reduces the risk and reality of injuries. Datalys Institute’s research data show that Pop Warner Rules and Heads-Up Football Training result in injury rate that has 87% fewer injuries than non-Heads-Up/non Pop Warner programs.
Concussion Prevention & Awareness – In addition to its more stringent return to play concussion rules, Pop Warner took the lead in youth sports by creating a Medical Advisory Board. The Board was created to ensure Pop Warner remains proactive on all medical issues that affect youth sports, particularly football and cheerleading, with a primary focus on prevention and proper identification and treatment of concussions, hydration awareness, proper nutrition guidelines, and general health and safety issues.
Coaching Education Programs –The safety of our athletes is always the top priority and that is why we provide extensive training for all our football and cheer coaches.
Coaches and Adult Codes of Conduct – All coaches, football and spirit participants must abide by a Code of Conduct which includes several provisions. If any of these rules are broken, the League shall have the authority to impose a penalty.