Business Manager Responsibilities
Thank you for volunteeering. We are often asked, what is the Business Managers job? Team Business Managers are an important part of the staff. There are many responsibilities before the season even begins.
Typical “Duties” of a Business Manager
- Attend mandatory Palomar Conference and Poway Pop Warner meetings
- Help collect, maintain and organize team paperwork and books (Big & Little book)
- Work with Little Scholars rep to collect report cards and applications for players eligible for Little Scholars
- set up chain gang and spotter schedule (this is a shared responsibiltiy with the Team Parent)
- Attend conference weigh in
- Conduct weigh in and paper check before EVERY game, including play offs, and Bowl games
- Complete MPR for each game. At the end of each game have coach sign the MPR. If there were any issues before, during or after the game, have coach make notes on the MPR and turn in to League President. If no issues file the MPR in the book for future reference
- Call in, text or email scores at the end of the game to the League President (coordinate with coach)
- Maintain sideline, i.e only rostered staff are allowed on the side line along with 1 photographer OR videographer.
- Gather chain gang on the field 15 minutes before so they can meet with the referees
- Prep the checker (volunteer to goto opponants sideline) on their responsibility for the day
- If there are any issues contact your coach or a board member
- Last, but never least, be there to assist the coach however possible. Ultimately the coach is responsibile for the working of the team. COMMUNICATION IS KEY!!